Tops of the Decade

Spread Rumors, Talk Crap, and post anything not show related in here.
Be Civil....
Bone
Show Host

Tops of the Decade

Post by Bone »

We're putting together a list for episode #41 tops of the decade, and want you the listeners input.

In your opinion whats you top 5 of the last 10 years in the following categories

1 - Musical Artist with the most impact - Who was on top of the music game (not just your favorite artist)
2 - Top Album - Whats your best albums of the last 10
3 - Top Single - Best songs of the last 10 years
4 - Biggest Musical Game Changer - Who had the biggest impact in changing the music industry
5 - Top Movies - whats the best of the best and why?
6- Top Video Games - Think you all get the gist

So, whatcha got?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! - Benjamin Franklin

Join my Music Revolution http://www.djbone.com
Gawd
Sober

Re: Tops of the Decade

Post by Gawd »

I don't have time to elaborate on all of these. And I don't play video games. But I'll throw out a couple things.

Most impact: Tricky. The guy has his hands in everything. And he's GOOD at it. I'm not a fan of the hip hop thing at all, which is what I think of when I hear the name Tricky. But he's done buttloads in other genres as well.

Game changer: Trent Reznor. He electedly put his own stuff on bit torrent sites FOR FREE. I know you guys know the score with this since you've discussed it in the gallery of fail. That in itself is not only bold, but a big fuck you to the corporate, money grubbing slave trade that the music industry has become.

Movies: Harry Potter. OK, I'm a big fan of the books, mainly. And some of the movies (the first one) are quite close to the books. I really like the movies on their own. Even though they now stray far from what is written. But the whole Harry Potter trade has become one of the biggest in the industry. It's made kids all over the world fans of witchcraft, or, JK Rowling's version of it. And therefore sparked mass uproar from the "Christian community." Which gets my vote on any day. "Christians" are fucking stupid. I love nice people. I bless people all day long. But organized religion is merely a means of control through fear. Oops, I digressed. The Rowlings phoenomenon is much like that of Addams' Hitchhikers Guide. He went from homeless to millionaire. She went from welfare mom to the most wealthy woman on the planet. Even more wealthy than fucking Oprah. That's saying something.

I can't get into the top albums or singles right now. I've been thinking about it, and there's just too much in my head to narrow it down. But I'd have to say something along the lines of trance/techno turning what was music, into computer generated drug barf. Some of which I had a well great time to. Fad over. Can we get back to instruments and lyrics please? PLEASE??!!! Again with the Reznor thing. Guy creates it all on his own at home. Fine. Takes a FULL band on tour! Look at pictures of DJs (no offense guys. I'm cool with it in clubs) at big 'events.' Crowd and a guy on stage. Big fucking deal. Jump off a riser, why don't you! It takes balls and stamina to be a real musician. A real entertainer. I love quite a bit of electronic music. But what it's done to the industry is nothing short of replacing a real employee with a machine that does the work for free, bringing down the economy even more. Maybe I'm old fashioned. But give me a live band on any day.

Gawd!